Don’t Just Replace your Siding, Design your Home!
Brightwing Custom Crafted Exteriors takes pride in our knowledge of James Hardie products and James Hardie best practices for installation to create a Custom HardiePlank installation for your home. We engage in a consultation with our client, the homeowner, to determine the scope of work that will provide for the most value in terms of exterior appeal, energy efficiency, durability and design.
When replacing old siding with James Hardie siding products, you will have many options including upgrading windows, doors, insulation, and rain gutters.
- When the old siding is removed, upgraded R-‐Value batts of insulation can be installed with minimal cost
- Insulating boards and/or radiant barrier can be installed prior to the siding insulation for added R-‐Value..
- Brightwing always uses the best vapor barriers available underneath your siding such as James Hardie’s HardieWrap or Dupont Tyvek. The vapor barrier is important for prevention of water intrusion we have never used lesser quality generic homewraps.
- Windows are best installed while the siding is removed. If you are considering upgrading your windows to a modern, energy efficient design; it is when the siding and associated trims are removed that windows can be properly installed for less expense. We custom order windows to fit with “nail flanges” that are used to fasten the window to the framing and then are taped to the vapor barrier with a wide, thick, sticky piece of “flashing tape” that prevents water intrusion.
We encourage our clients to consider the unique opportunity they have to “design” the exterior of their home with the numerous options available in James Hardie products, textures, colors, and installation methods to ensure that our clients get more than an extremely durable exterior, they get a modern, updated exterior finish. Consider the myriad of choices…
Multiple textures and color choices of James HardiePanel siding along with trim to create “craftsman” board and batten design.
- James HardieShingle siding in multiple colors and textures can be used in small gable areas or “pop-‐outs”, or gables to create textural appeal.
- Contemporary “rain screen” applications of smooth panels on modern architecture.
- Factory finished Color Plus siding line with a large palette of decorator colors.
- The fantastic Artisan line of heavy lap siding that can be mitered at the corners.
- Multiple textures throughout the product lines: Smooth, Rustic, Stucco, etc…
By taking the time to help our clients understand and visualize the potential of the James Hardie product line we do more than just install siding, we help you to design an exterior you will be THRILLED with!